Go Back   finnbass.com > Equipment > User Reviews
User Reviews Share your experiences....

Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
lost in space

That's interesting!
I was enjoying you're mix but then pro guy turned up and his mix has a bit more light/shade or dynamics about it - subtle bits added in and taken out to build the track to the main hook. Then hit the hook hard! Add some extra hooky bits on top. Nice, very nice! Drop out and build and build. Classy mix. Drives along well - the kick is just at the right freq, tempo is i guess 124 ish so gets the pulse racing. Buttons all pushed! Money well spent.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
and suddenly .... BOOM!!!

Thanks Max, I'm happy with my mix as my first serious attempt at mixing anything since Heavy Metal bands at uni! I was going for a more mellow feel and in some ways was disappointed that the band wanted to funk it up (and cranked the tempo 4bpm), but have to accept that working with other musicians.

I think Adrian's mix is excellent he's a real pro, he travels the world demoing kit for a very high profile audio interface company and prior to that did the same job for the company that own ProTools so really knows his stuff. We've been working together a lot over the last year and are beginning to find a sound. I think also his mix is with live instruments rather than ones I've programmed which helps the dynamics.

Still all in all I'm very pleased with the result and it's been good to force myself into songwriting again, which I'm enjoying immensely (when I can make time.)
2. A time of economic prosperity.
3. A sudden increase, as in popularity.

I'm online www.gilmourvisualnoise.co.uk | @RobGilmourBass

Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 PM

I liked both versions to be honest but I can see the extra polish on the second version and it works well - particularly liked the bit where it gets stripped right down.